This competition is to design a modern football kit based on a classic or historic design of a kit from the past!
1) The team has to be one of the current (2013/14) 92 league teams in England.
2) You can modernise the kit as much as you like as long as it still resembles a slight picture of the previous design.
3) The full kit (shirt, shorts, and socks) has to be designed.
4) You can design a Home, Away or Third kit (or base the design around any of them 3 from the clubs past).
5) You can bring back and use old club crests from any time in its history if you like.
6) You have to use the clubs current sponsors as of the 2013/14 season (or leave it blank without one if you choose).
7) You can use any brand as the kit supplier (though preferably your own would be better).
8) Only submitted designs before the closing date of midnight on Sunday August 4th 2013 will be accepted.
9) I will pick a 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed design along with a notable other kit!
If any of these rules are broken I will not be able to accept your design into the competition.
1st - Steevo's 60s inspired Liverpool kit is the overall winner for me, it has a real touch of class about it, simple but effective! It's probably one of the best kits I've seen on this website during my time here!
2nd - is fer91s Leeds United kit, yet again inspired by a design from the 60s it looks extremely elegant and compared with some Leeds kits of recent years beats all of them hands down!
3rd - is joegillibrands Chelsea kit, the traditional Blue and Yellow colours of Chelsea have been well put together in this design and it certainly catches your eye in something that's modern but has the feel of old.
Other Brilliant Efforts - buttplugs Watford kit is a top effort and the best as far as combining a current template and making it into something that really stands out! For me this is almost a joint 3rd placed kit!
Yet another Leeds United kit is bukk78s design, using one of arguably Leeds Uniteds brightest ever colour combinations and then turning it into the classic Leeds Blue and Yellow for an Away kit looks extremely nice and would actually fit well with the 2nd placed Leeds home shirt!
And last we have Corinths Fulham kit, based on the clubs first ever kit and combining it with the unpopular Adidas wings template, it actually works very well here; the balance again between old and new is really well thought!
A massive thank you to all who entered this competition, there were some very close calls for me to make in the end and all the designs were really good!