Following (with a few weeks of delay, lol) the announcement that we will soon have two teams in the MLS, I decided to create a competition on DesignFootball.com. The aim is to rebrand Orlando City SC (with a new crest and new kits), as well as create a brand for the new Miami team.
- Kit manufacturer must be adidas
- All shirts must have player names and numbers on their backs (if you decide to design the back of the shirt). The same applies to numbering on shorts
- You can use any sponsor to the kits
- Designs are due to April 1st, 00:00 GMT.
- Only members registered before this competition are able to vote (I'll explain the voting system some paragraphs below).
- There'll be 6 winners: One for best Orlando City SC Crest design, one for best home kit and one for best away kit. The same applies to the Miami team, with one winner in each category. Orlando-specific rules:
- The name of the team is Orlando City Soccer Club. Do NOT change it.
- Their main colours are purple and white. They also feature red and gold in their crests, but since they're not used so much, you can exclude them or change to other colours on the redesign of the crest or on the design of the kits.
- If you are designing a crest, you must also create a name for the team.
- You can use any colour you want. However, colours representing the city or its culture are more relevant.
Voting System: I think that judging a competition by myself can be very polemic. People will often disagree on the results and criticise the choice of the person judging. Because of that, I decided use a voting system that will work the following way: I'll chose 3 to 5 designs on each category (the number of designs chosen will depend on the number of entries for that category). Then, I'll create open a voting, where members registered before the competition (like the general rules state) will vote on the best design of each category.
Good Luck to all!
UPDATE: The competition is now closed. I'm glad I've created this competition, since some great designs can be seen. Unfortunately, I'm currently with lots of stuff to do, so I can't open the voting system right now. However, I intend to do it no later than April 5th. Like I've said, there'll be 5 contestants in each category. ...............
UPDATE (08/04): The voting for the categories is now open. The deadline to vote is April 23rd, 00:00 GMT. Like I've previously said, only members registered before the competition started (February 13th) have the right to vote. This rule does not apply to contestants who have registered after the competition, however (but that's the only exception). Again, Good Luck to all!..............
UPDATE (23/04): The results are in! However, first I must say the Miami crest winner is on hold, since some people didn't specify their vote. But the result for this one will be defined 25/04. For the best Orlando crest, the winner is Gaabowski's excelent and clean design! Best Miami Home Kit goes to Agrama, whereas the best away kit was awarded to RedStarLiverpool! Finally, the winner for both home and away kits for Orlando is Gaabowski! I'd like to say it was great to see so many designs on this comp. Thanks everyone for participating!............
FINAL UPDATE (25/03): The winner for best Miami crest is Irvingperceni's Miami Pulse!